Cyclepath's John Browning took the overall Pro/1/2/3 win at the Portland International Raceway Tuesday Night Series, which covered 33 miles on the counterclockwise course in just over 70 minutes for an average speed of nearly 28 mph.
Racers, who faced a stiff headwind on the backside of the course but were pushed through the long finishing straight by a corresponding tailwind, circled 18 laps with three hot spot sprints. Land Rover-ORBEA showed up in full force and spent a lot of time on the front pushing the pace, but in the end Browning finished ahead of Evan Elken (Land Rover-ORBEA), John Leonard (Casa Bruno), Aaron Coker (HPChiropractic-Hammer Nutrition) and Cyclepath Racing's Christian Tresser, PIR's perennial front runner.
In the Cat. 3/4 race, Liberty Cycle's Stephen Fitzgerald took the top prize ahead of Kevin Condon (Gentle Lovers), Jeff Nelson (Yakima Bike Vigilantes), Gary Allen (Liberty Cycle) and North River Racing's Dean Anderson. Beaverton Bicycle Club's George Zack won the Cat. 4/5 race, ahead of Johannes Weber (Ironclad Performance Wear), Mark Biedrzycki (Portland Velo), Patrick Jason (Webcyclery.com) and Andrew Trask (Team cthulu).
PIR Tuesday Night Series, May 26
Cat. 4/5 - 32 Finishers
1. Zack, George (Beaverton Bicycle Club) 17
2. Weber, Johannes F.B. (Ironclad Performance Wear) 13
3. Biedrzycki, Mark (Portland Velo) 10
4. Jackson, Patrick (WebCyclery.com) 9
5. Trask, Andrew (Team cthulu) 8
Cat. 3/4 - 59 Finishers
1. Fitzgerald, Stephen (Liberty Cycle) 15
2. Condron, Kevin (Gentle Lovers) 14
3. Nelson, Jeff (Yakima Bike Vigilantes) 12
4. Allen, Gary (Liberty Cycle) 10
5. Anderson, Dean (North River Racing) 8
Cat. Pro/1/2/3 - 68 Finishers
1. Browning, John (Cyclepath Racing) 15
2. Elken, Evan (Land Rover/ORBEA) 12
3. Leonard, John (Casa Bruno) 12
4. Coker, Aaron (HPChiropractic/Hammer Nutrition) 11
5. Tresser, Christian (Cyclepath Racing) 10