With his win in the Elite Men's race at the U.S. National Cyclocross Championships last weekend in Kansas City, Ryan Trebon (Kona) of Bend also sealed the USA Cycling Cyclocross National Calendar series title..
Jeremy Powers of Hadley, Mass., finished second in the season-long standings with 479 points, while his Cyclocrossworld.com/Cannondale teammate Tim Johnson, Middleton, Mass., was third.
Luna Mountain Bike Team pro Georgia Gould of Fort Collins, Colo., who came in second-place at the national championships, earned the Elite Women's USA Cycling Cyclocross National Calendar overall crown with 289 total points.
C3-Sollay rider Laura Van Gilder of Cresco, Pa., came in second in the standings with 234 points, while Rachel Lloyd (Giant Berry Farms) of Fairfax, Calif., was third. Spike rider Katie Compton of Colorado Springs, Colo., won her fifth consecutive Elite Women's title on Sunday, which moved her into fourth place in the domestic standings.
The final standings after all 40 contests on the USA Cycling Cyclocross National Calendar:
1. Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore.) 620
2. Jeremy Powers (Hadley, Mass.) 479
3. Tim Johnson (Middleton, Mass.) 461
4. Jamey Driscoll (Jericho, Vt.) 460
5. Todd Wells (Durango. Colo.) 437
1. Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo.) 289
2. Laura Van Gilder (Cresco, Pa.) 234
3. Rachel Lloyd (Fairfax, Calif.) 206
4. Katie Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo.) 200
5. Maureen Bruno-Roy (Arlington, Mass.) 193